Health Services Research
Health services research is a multidisciplinary field of research that analyzes
- health care and health services and
- its framework conditions.
Our research projects focus on outcome and patient-centered care.
You are here:
Health Services Research at the Institute of Public Health
The aim of health services research is to improve the functioning of the health care system.
Health services research looks beyond a purely medical context and focuses on the implementation of findings of basic medical research and clinical research in everyday life. For example,
- How much benefit does a new drug actually provide?
- How does communication between doctors, health insurance, rehabilitation facilities, legislation and patients work?
- What conditions need to be met to quickly establish new medical knowledge?
Projects in health services research are increasingly being promoted by different stake holders like the Federal Ministry of Research and Education, the Federal Chamber of Physicians and the German Research Association.