The Institute of Public Health in Berlin
The Institute of Public Health is committed to improving public health at local, national and global levels through research and teaching in public health.
The Institute is part of the Center for Human and Health Sciences of the Charité – Universitätsmedizin Berlin and is headed by Prof. Dr. Dr. Tobias Kurth.
You are here:
About the Institute of Public Health
Research and teaching in Public Health and Epidemiology are the main pillars of the institute.
Researchers at the Institute of Public Health (IPH) transfer scientific findings into evidence-based and sustainable approaches to improve population health. The main research areas of the institute are
- Renal, neurological and cardiovascular epidemiology
- Health Services research
- Methods and Meta Research
The Institute of Public Health offers various teaching modules for master and doctoral students as well as for professionals. Master programs in public health and epidemiology are offered by the Berlin School of Public Health, which is closely linked to the Institute of Public Health. Please visit the webpages of the Berlin School of Public Health for more information.
The Institute of Public Health is partner in a large network. German-French projects are carried out by the Center Virchow-Villermé for Public Health Paris-Berlin, which is located at the institute. Information about the Center Virchow-Villermé is available on its website.
International Network of the Institute
The network includes among others:
- Robert Koch-Institut
- Berliner Institut für Gesundheitsforschung
- Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health, Boston, MA
- Andrija Štampar School of Public Health, Zagreb, Kroatien
- Universität Göteborg, Schweden
- Université Sorbonne Paris Cité, Frankreich
- Boston University School of Public Health
- University for Health Sciences, Medical Informatics and Technology, Hall i.T.
- University of California San Francisco